Sea Kayaking Skills Level 3
New Skills and emphasis on safety and mishap management this course is what you need to build on your experience base. Upcoming Spring and Summer Seasons presents some of the best paddling conditions, however, being ready for those unexpected adverse Weather changes and Swell conditions that will test your very limit, is essential for every paddler. Understanding that limit is critical and timing of strokes and wave crest handling, and surf landings are vital skills to behold at this time of the year for the long safe journey home. Make the most of your valuable equipment and paddle all year.
Take on the Session 3 Course and there on Jervis Bay and the Shoalhaven Region's astounding diversity of Waterways.
On Line Booking - Click on the Course below to Book Now.
* Complete Tuition & Advice
* Lunch Provided.
* Equipment if required or use your own. (Conditions apply)
* Helmet for use in surf zone
Course Details: 7:45am till approx. 2:30pm
Paddling Technique Reviewed:
Stern Rudder Stroke
Note : Above exercises to be completed as a warm up prior to surf training.
Dealing With Surf :
1. Safety/Signaling: Signals established, Area for surfing and direction established, Capsize/Beach safety reviewed, Equipment Review.
2. Essential Strokes: Forward and Reverse Stroke, Stern Rudder, Low Brace Turn, Wave Crest Steering, Sweep Strokes, Correct Body Position.
3. Surf Practice Session: Landing and Launching through surf, Side Surfing Technique, Positioning in the surf zone, Catching the right waves, Control while surfing.
Check out our JBK Course Promotional Video filmed right here in Jervis Bay. Our Sea Kayaking Courses are Great fun and ensure plenty of great experiences all year round.
$150 ( all inclusive )
Phone - 02-4441-7157 For More Details.